Sunday, October 16, 2016 @ 9:00am, Warner Park Benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
JOIN US FOR THE ONLY 15K IN TOWN!
The race starts and ends in Warner Park. The course includes some gently rolling hills and is run mostly on asphalt with a small stretch of grass.
Runners have the choice of individually running 15K or forming a 3x5K relay team.
The race is also part of the Madison Area Running Series (MARS)!
HELP FIND A CURE!
The majority of the race proceeds will be donated to the Madison Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Their mission:
“Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.”
Team In Training, a group of dedicated athletes who raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, will have a tent at the Fall 15K. Visit them to find out more about how you can get involved or to make a donation. You can also make donations through their the Team In Training website.
Save time and money by pre-registering for the race. We offer mail-in and online registration.
Pre-registered runners will receive a confirmation email two days before the race.
Pre-race packet pickup is at Movin’ Shoes in Madison from 1:00-5:00pm on Saturday, October 15. Race Day packet pick-up is at Warner Park from 7:30-8:45am on October 16.
Entry fee:$15 per individual and $45 per team before Oct. 15, then $20 per individual and $60 per team on race day.
Entry fee includes a hat, race number, food, beverages, and raffle prizes!
Online registration is available through Athens to Atlantis. Online registration closes at midnight on Friday, October 14 and includes a $1.02 processing fee.
Print and complete the mail-in registration form. RELAYS: Please consider mailing all teammate registration forms and checks in a single envelope.
Forms must be mailed by Monday, October 10. Please send forms and checks to:
Running Club @ UW-Madison
2000 Observatory Drive, Room 1180
Madison, WI 53706
Race-day registration is available at Warner Park from 7:30-8:45am.
Entry fee: $20 per individual and $60 per team on race day.
Awards will be announced starting at 10:30am. Award categories include:
- Top two individual male and female finishers
- Age group winners: 29 and under, 30-36, 37-43, 44-50, 51-57, 58-64, and 65+
- Top male, female, and coed relay teams
- Team members are not eligible for individual awards
- All participants are eligible to win raffle prizes drawn at the end of the race, but you must be present to win!
RACE GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
- Wear bibs on the front so they are visible
- No pets, roller skates, or inline skates
- Baby strollers and baby joggers are permitted
- Each mile is marked along the course
- Splits will be read at the 1 mile, 2 mile, 5km, and 10km points
- Runners will be directed into a chute at the finish and should remain in a single-file line until their the tear-off portion of their bib is removed.
- Runners should only cross the finish line once to ensure proper race timing. If finished runners wish to return to the course and finish with a friend, they are advised to veer off before reaching the finish chute.
- The course closes at 11am; you may continue to finish the race untimed
- Results will be available online shortly after the race
MapMyRun Link to course map.
There will be two water stations on the course (each passed two times). See the course map for their locations. Refreshments will be available at the finish.
- Relays consist of 3 team members, each running a 5K leg
- Relay options include male, female or coed.
- Choose the order of your runners. The third leg runner will wear the number with tear off tag. The first and second runner do not wear a number. Each team should have a “scrungi” that was given to you at the registration desk. This will act as the relay baton. The first runner needs the scrungi to start the race and will pass this to the 2nd runner (and 2nd to 3rd). We will check for the scrungi and get the tear off tag from the race number at the finish chute.
- Relay teams will assemble at the end of the sidewalk next to the parking lot at 8:35 to discuss the relay. Relay members are encouraged to provide their own transportation. We will supply transportation to 2nd & 3rd leg runners as needed. All 2nd & 3rd relay runners should leave for the exchange zone immediately after the 8:35 meeting. The exchange zone for BOTH the 2nd and 3rd leg runners is near the intersection of Woodward and Little Fleur Lane.
- To get to and from the exchange zone, use the Northport Drive entrance. Go left on Northport 0.2 miles to Troy Drive. Go left on Troy Drive 0.73 miles to Marcy Drive. Go left on Marcy Drive 0.23 miles to Morningstar Lane. Go right on Morningstar Lane 0.23 miles to Little Fleur. Go left on Little Fleur. Please park cars on Little Fleur. (See map below) The first runner should proceed to the starting area with the scrungi when the other runners assemble for the start of the race.
*There are a few times that are revised due to technological issues. The places are correct. Sorry for any inconvenience.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Parking is available at Warner Park. Should you choose to take the bus, the park is on Metro bus routes 21 and 22.