Valentine 5K Run!
2022 Val5K TBD. We hope to see you next year!
JOIN US FOR THE HOTTEST 5K IN TOWN!
The race starts and ends at the UW-Natatorium. The course runs along the Howard Temin Lakeshore Path with a short jaunt through the neighborhood around University Bay Dr.
Check out this neat video about the race!
Online race registration can be found at: https://runsignup.com/Race/WI/Madison/2019Val5K
RUN WITH SOMEONE YOU LOVE… OR JUST LIKE!
Grab your sweetheart (or friend or family member) and run as a team. In celebration of Valentine’s Day, we’re sharing the love by giving teams a discount. Each teammate runs 5K and their combined time will be used to determine team place.
Save time and money by pre-registering for the race. We offer mail-in and online registration. Pre-registered runners will receive a confirmation email within two weeks.
Entry fee: $6 per individual ($10 team) before race, then $10 per individual ($15 team) on race day
Pre-race packet pick-up date is Friday, Feb. 7th from 3 – 6 pm at Berkeley Running Company OR Day of the race pick-up is at the UW-Natatorium from 9:30-10:45am.
Race-day registration is available at the UW-Natatorium from 9:30-10:45am.
Awards will be announced starting at 11:45am. Award categories include:
- Overall male, female
- Top male, female, and coed teams
- Age brackets
- 19 & under
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 45
- 46 – 60
- 61 +
RACE GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
- Wear bibs on the front so they are visible
- No pets, roller skates, or inline skates
- Baby strollers and baby joggers are permitted
- Each mile is marked along the course
- Splits will be read at the 1 mile and 2 mile points
- Runners will be directed into a chute at the finish and should remain in a single-file line until the tear-off portion of their bib is removed.
- Runners should only cross the finish line once to ensure proper race timing. If finished runners wish to return to the course and finish with a friend, they are advised to veer off before reaching the finish chute.
- The course closes at noon; you may continue to finish the race untimed
- Results will be available online shortly after the race
2020 Val 5K course. A course map will also be available on race day. Please note that the route may change due to construction or other unavoidable conflicts.
There are no aid stations along the course. However, refreshments will be available at the finish.
- Teams consist of 2 members, each running a 5K
- Team options include male, female or coed
- Teammate times are combined to determine team place
- Team members are not eligible for individual awards
Results will be posted on our Results Page shortly after the race.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
Parking is available in Lot 57 across from the UW-Natatorium. Should you choose to take the bus, the Nat is on Metro bus route 80 (free!).
Majority of the race proceeds benefit St. Vincent de Paul Madison.
Every year, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul serves our Dane County neighbors in need with free groceries for 20,000 households through our food pantry; free medicine for almost 400 uninsured people at our pharmacy; and $350,000 worth of clothing, beds, bedding, furniture and household basics given away through our St. Vinny’s store voucher program. We also have housing programs for men, and women and their children. We rely on donations and volunteers to make these services available; St. Vinny’s store sales also support the services. Every day, we help individuals and families living in low-income households with tailored support and hope for a better tomorrow.
If you bring a non-perishable food item to the race to donate, you will receive a pair of running gloves!